VMware Cloud Community
Rakesh002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual machine restore

Hi,

We are using ESXi 6.0 U1 version now we are going to upgrade from ESXi 6.0 to 6.5 version.

We are not using any backup software so,I have taken the virtual machine backup manually.

In ESXi 6.5 version Vsphere client is not available by using the vsphere web client how to restore the virtual machine backup. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi ,

if you have taken backup as download vm folder You can upload the entire VM folder to data tore from vsphere 6.5 web client .

Alternative - You can Export VM as OVF Template  and later Import .

Shutdown the  VM you want to back-up.

Delete and consolidate any snapshots  , if any there .

Highlight the VM in the left pane. Click File — Export OVF Template.

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

are you talking about snapshot backup or other backup. Can you explain more about it so will help to answer .

0 Kudos
Rakesh002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not Snapshot Backup, i have taken the VM backup Data store.

0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi ,

if you have taken backup as download vm folder You can upload the entire VM folder to data tore from vsphere 6.5 web client .

Alternative - You can Export VM as OVF Template  and later Import .

Shutdown the  VM you want to back-up.

Delete and consolidate any snapshots  , if any there .

Highlight the VM in the left pane. Click File — Export OVF Template.

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
mj_02003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dears Rakesh002

Hi

please consider below URL if you question please ask here maybe other one have better comment for you.

Backing Up and Restoring  |  App Engine standard environment for Python  |  Google Cloud Platform

Br

MJ

0 Kudos