VMware Cloud Community
graemekeatley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual machine lost network connection after server crash

Hello

I run ESXi 6 on a hosted server i have 3 virtual machines running and recently the server host machine crashed upon restarting none of the virtual machines can get a network connection out onto the internet.  When i created the virtual machines everything was working fine and they had network access with no issues, only warning in my log is as follows:

Device or filesystem with identifier mpx.vmhba38

:C0:T0:L0 has entered the All Paths Down state.

warning

22/03/2016 13:02:17

ns3032163.ip-149-202-223.eu

Device or filesystem with identifier mpx.vmhba39

:C0:T0:L0 has entered the All Paths Down state.

warning

22/03/2016 13:02:17

ns3032163.ip-149-202-223.eu

Has anyone any suggestions as to what could have happened?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Rescan all HBA's on your ESXI and make sure all paths are up. Follow below KB step by step for

VMware KB: Performing a rescan of the storage on an ESX/ESXi host

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Are the VMs up and running fine? Try to login to virtual machine using vm console and check if you are able to login. APD message indicates the paths to the lun are lost.

Regards,

Suresh

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
graemekeatley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply yes the vm's are running i have logged in using vsphere client and can access the console , just all vm's now say they have no network connection to internet.  They where working perfectly fine until host crashed.  How should i resolve the lost path to lun i am just new to vmware esxi so not entirely sure

Thanks

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Rescan all HBA's on your ESXI and make sure all paths are up. Follow below KB step by step for

VMware KB: Performing a rescan of the storage on an ESX/ESXi host

0 Kudos
graemekeatley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks that resolved the warnings just my virtual machines still dont have network connection externally but that will be an unrelated issue hoping my hosting compant figure out what they did to cause this as it was working fine

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

make sure dns is reachable, use nslookup, tracert, ping etc guest commands for network connectivity troubleshooting.

0 Kudos