VMware Cloud Community
prelorentzos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual machine cannot start

Please a help. I have Esxi server free license edition with 2 VMs. A 2012 server Standard edition activated and a 2003 server standard edition activated. After i install usb connection passthrough the windows 2012 machine is crashed with the following error. The 2003 vm is working!!!!!!

Please SOS help me..what can i do? I have not time to wait, so please give me a priority......

Failed to power on VM.

Could not power on VM : Admission check failed for memory resource See the VMware ESX Resource Management Guide for information on resource management settings.

Group vm.4501: Invalid memory allocation parameters for VM vmm0:Xplorer_Domain_Controller_2012_Server. (min: 1483776, max: -1, minLimit: -1, shares: -1, units: pages)

Group vm.4501: Cannot admit VM: Memory admission check failed. Requested reservation: 1499199 pages

SharedArea: Unable to find 'testSharedAreaPtr' in SHARED_PER_VM_VMX area.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If i am right, you are unable to power on the vm due to non-availablity of around 330MB. Try to reduce either of the VMs memory by 500MB and try it out

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Group vm.4501: Cannot admit VM: Memory admission check failed. Requested reservation: 1499199 pages

When you make a device passthrough to a VM, the same amount of the vm's memory will be reserved. In your case, the memory reservation is not working out, since it does not have enough memory to reserve, hence it cannot power on the VM.

Try to reduce the memory of the 2012VM so that the reservation can be succeeded or reduce the memory of the other VM to allow the reservation to be done by the 2012 VM.

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If i am right, you are unable to power on the vm due to non-availablity of around 330MB. Try to reduce either of the VMs memory by 500MB and try it out

0 Kudos
prelorentzos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you a lot, it’s works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

most welcome.. Please mark the thread as answered or helpful, if you find so

0 Kudos