VMware Cloud Community
macpiano
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machine CPU usage error

I get this error on my McAfee agent handler VMs. They were originally built with one cpu and 1 gig of ram so I bumped up the ram to 3 gigs and I am now getting ther error again. Any thoughts on how to correct?

thanks

gary

Message was edited by: macpiano

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

What OS are you running these VMs?  Were they P2V conversions?  When you say "getting the error again," what exactly do you mean here?  And what is the exact error message?

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
macpiano
Contributor
Contributor

I built these from scratch as a 2003 64 bit vm. CPU usage is over 90% for over 5 minutes as far I can tell. Teh excat same error occured with 1 GB and # GB or Ram. Do I need to add another CPU to it?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I don't see that CPU usage hitting 90% for 5 minutes is an error if it is a legitimate process doing legitimate work. If it is some unrelated process or an unusual occurance using a high percentage of the CPU you might want to do some further investigation.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

if it's processing the real work then it's a good news. Most importantly does the output come out faster? or is there any user who complaint that it's slow. else i would ignore it.

0 Kudos