VMware Cloud Community
veefairy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Very Quick Licencing Question - vSphere Essentials Kits

Hi,

Can you have more than one Essentials or Essentials Plus kit per site?

ie - can you purchase 3 x Essentials Kits for your site with 9 hosts, and build out 3 vCenter VMs to manage each bundle of 3?

ie- if you use up your first kit, are you eligible to buy a second for the next few hosts in your company?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not aware of a limitation for Essentials Kits. The only kit that I can think of with a limitation of one per site is an Acceleration Kit.

Anyway, if you are considering three Essentials Plus Kits, it may be worth checking whether the benefits of vCenter Server plus ESXi Standard licenses justifies the price difference.

André

View solution in original post

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not aware of a limitation for Essentials Kits. The only kit that I can think of with a limitation of one per site is an Acceleration Kit.

Anyway, if you are considering three Essentials Plus Kits, it may be worth checking whether the benefits of vCenter Server plus ESXi Standard licenses justifies the price difference.

André

vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes you can buy as many Essentials and Essential plus licenses as you like.

But if you want to upgrade them to standard using an Acceleration kit you can only upgrade a single Essentials kit.

vmice.net
veefairy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great - thanks for that. It's for a non-production environment that doesn't really need HA and some of the other features. Any VM that needs a backup is backed up with a third party app, no no real need for VDP, so i'll probably just stick with the 3 essentials bundles. (We use standard licencing in a separate production environment)

Thanks again.

0 Kudos