VMware Cloud Community
g3uiss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vcentre Server Performance Data V4.1

HI

I have suddenly lost performance data for my VM's except for realtime. I can however set a custom period for nearly a day, but not the previous day.

My Vcentre Server uses the SQL bundled with the product and I dont think there is a matching enterprise manager to look at the database. Im at a loss what has changed, and have restarted the VC and checked all services running including SQL

Any suggestions where to look

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A KB has been written to address this issue, please refer to for more information.

Hope this workaround helps.

Regards,

Arun Pandey

VMware Inc.

VCP3, VCP4, HPCP, HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I can't tell you what causes the issue you see, however if you think looking at the database could help, you can download Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express Service Pack 3

André

g3uiss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Andre

I think I know what changed. We went from summer time to winter time last night. I suspect all the various VM's and the Vcentre did not all update together. I suspect that tripped up the SQL Express. No idea where to look though !

Tony

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A KB has been written to address this issue, please refer to for more information.

Hope this workaround helps.

Regards,

Arun Pandey

VMware Inc.

VCP3, VCP4, HPCP, HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
MakarevichNI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Before VMware create a hotfix, you can use "Advanced" reports on Performance tab.

It works fine, but you need to create a new report for each parameter (such CPU, Memory, etc).

g3uiss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. Exactly the problem and workaround.

Tony

0 Kudos