VMware Cloud Community
jitenderbatheja
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter Login issue in multi domain

We have a multi domain AD, Which means VMware.com is the root domain and we have 15 other child domain like India.vmware.com, Japan.vmware.com and so on.

Now we have installed 5.1 in India Domain and its working fine.

Today we have got the request that root domain (Vmware.com) user need access to the India Vcenter. SO we have create one group in Root domain (Vmware.com) with name India Vcenter access and added the root domain user in it.

Now when we try to give the permession to group on india vcenter server we are not able to see the root domain. its only showing the  india.vmware.com. Its not showing any other domains.

So we have added that group in Domain admin group of the India.vmware.com group but still root domain users are still not able to access. They are getting error bad user name or password. there is no problem with user ID and password.

Note :- Root domain user are able to login to Vcenter server which is 2008 server. they are not able to login to vsphere client.

Can any one please help what should we do to provide access on the Vcenter to the other domain user in Vcenter5.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
masudhussain
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I think you need to coordinate with your Active Directory administrator to configure domain trust relationship between main domain and installed vcentre domain.

AD administrator can help you to get this done.

thanks,

Hussain

0 Kudos
jitenderbatheja
Contributor
Contributor

Hussain, as I already mentioned root domain users are able to login to any server in the child domain if we add the same group in local admin.

But only through vsphere client we are getting the error.

Note:- root domain users are able to login through RDP on the vcenter server.

0 Kudos
masudhussain
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok, thn as you are using vsphere 5.1. i would suggest you crosscheck sso setting by login in it using sso administrator login details. also refer the bellow URL for the same.

VMware KB: Troubleshooting Single Sign-On and Active Directory domain authentication with the vCente...

May be this can help you to sort out the issue

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

0 Kudos