VMware Cloud Community
biravram123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vcenter Linked mode

Hi,

Can some one give me an elaborate information about vecenter server linked mode like

1.Why we can't add more than 10 vcenter server in linked mode

2.Any posibility to add more than 10 vcenter server in linked mode

2.If we can,what are all the issues will come

Thanks in advance

Senthil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Walfordr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

biravram123

These are tested recommended maximum limits set by VMware.

If you are able to, I would not go above it.  VMware would not fully support your configuration. So they say.

Once again, maximum limits set by VMware.  Only VMware team would be able to give you the specific reason for these limits.  But going above this limits are not fully supported.

Below is the opener from the Configuration Maximums guide.

"When you select and configure your virtual and physical equipment, you must stay at or below the maximums
supported by vSphere 4.1. The limits presented in the following tables represent tested, recommended limits,
and they are fully supported by VMware."

The limits presented in this document can be affected by other factors, such as hardware dependencies. For
more information about supported hardware, see the appropriate ESX hardware compatibility guide. Consult
individual solution limits to ensure that you do not exceed supported configurations for your environment.
The Configuration Maximums for vSphere 4.1 covers ESX, ESXi, and vCenter Server.

Here is a link to the guide:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_config_max.pdf

Robert -- BSIT, VCP3/VCP4, A+, MCP (Wow I haven't updated my profile since 4.1 days) -- Please consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Walfordr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

biravram123

These are tested recommended maximum limits set by VMware.

If you are able to, I would not go above it.  VMware would not fully support your configuration. So they say.

Once again, maximum limits set by VMware.  Only VMware team would be able to give you the specific reason for these limits.  But going above this limits are not fully supported.

Below is the opener from the Configuration Maximums guide.

"When you select and configure your virtual and physical equipment, you must stay at or below the maximums
supported by vSphere 4.1. The limits presented in the following tables represent tested, recommended limits,
and they are fully supported by VMware."

The limits presented in this document can be affected by other factors, such as hardware dependencies. For
more information about supported hardware, see the appropriate ESX hardware compatibility guide. Consult
individual solution limits to ensure that you do not exceed supported configurations for your environment.
The Configuration Maximums for vSphere 4.1 covers ESX, ESXi, and vCenter Server.

Here is a link to the guide:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_config_max.pdf

Robert -- BSIT, VCP3/VCP4, A+, MCP (Wow I haven't updated my profile since 4.1 days) -- Please consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.
0 Kudos
biravram123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your information...I got clarity on this.

0 Kudos