VMware Cloud Community
ikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VSphere web client hangs after login...

Hi,

This morning I installed Update Manager 6U2 on a Windows 2012R2 server t while I was logged in at my web client.  A couple of hours later my collegue said that he couldn't log in to our vsphere server (VCSA).  After he had authenticated, the web client page remained blue forever with a running clock as mouse pointer.

At that time I was still able to navigate my (already opened) web client, so we thought it was a problem with his web browser or something.  NOTE: We don't have a public trusted certificate for the VCSA so the browsers always yells about the risk of an unsecure connection.

A while later I had to restart my computer due to some windows updates, and from that moment I experienced the same problem:  Just after having entered the username and password and clicked the Login button the web client just hangs forever.

We have not touched any vsphere settings meanwhile, so I really don't know what is causing this.

Where should we start hunting for the cause of this behaviour..?

Thanks for comments

regards Tor

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vXav
Expert
Expert

Does it work with the "C# client"? If yes the web service is goosed.

Try restarting it or the whole vCenter in last resort.

jrmunday
Commander
Commander

It sounds like you're experiencing the out of memory condition in the vAPI Endpoint Service;

vSphere Web client unresponsive in vCenter Server 6.0 (2146538) | VMware KB

If this is the case, then all you need to do is restart this service on ALL your vCenter Servers - there is no impact, and it should work immediately afterwards.

The fix is scheduled to be released with U3 in Q1 2017.

Cheers,

Jon

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ikt,

I've come across the similar issue when using the Webclient in the Windows based vCenter.This is due to dynamic memory allocation to each individual service in the vCenter.I prefer you to assign align the resource of 2vCPU and 8 vRAM(as minimum) and best runs with 4vCPU and 16 vRAM.Try to use your flash with latest(n-1) and latest browser version.

You can fine tune your dynamic memory allocation to service.Let me try to find the KB for the fine tuning.

0 Kudos
RAE245
Contributor
Contributor

Rebooting the vCSA fixed the problem for me.  Thank you!

0 Kudos