VMware Cloud Community
alibaba78
Contributor
Contributor

VSphere documentation in english language?

Hi People,

simple question: How can I download the vSphere documentation in english?

The VCP5-DCV blueprint and other documents are pointing me to the VMware vSphere Documentation site where all is shown in english. I don't use a localized page.

But when I download any of the PDF documents, the downloaded files are in German.

Well, I'm native speaking german so anybody would think that's the desired result, but in fact it's more complicated to read the german documentation in order to prepare for the exam because you have to translate back many phrases back to english.

Unfortunately, I have not yet found any way to modify this behavior.

Any ideas what I can try?

Best regards,

Adalbert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

same link I have used it is coming English for me...may be some local settings.

screenshot.png

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
alibaba78
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply John,

I assume you're right, but I have not yet found out which setting affects the language.

There are some localized pages which can be selected on top of the page, but the link guides already to the english version.

Hints are welcome.

Best regards,

Adalbert

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hallo Albert
ich denke mal es liegt an der Art wie du mit deinem Browser auf die vmware.com Seite gehst.
Mach mal den Browser-cache leer und lass dich dann nicht auf dsie deutsche Seite umleiten.

Wenn das auch nichts hilft - mach den Download mit einer englischen VM - zur Not mit einem Knoppix oder dergleichen

0 Kudos
alibaba78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Continuum,

werd ich mal ausprobieren, danke.

Ich dachte auch schon daran, mal "private mode" zu verwenden oder Cookies und dergleichen abzuschalten. Wer weiß schon, wer sich was wo und wie merkt...

Schöne Grüße,

Adalbert

0 Kudos