VMware Cloud Community
TSpeezy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VPN Client Reaches Everything in DMZ Except VMWare

My VPN Client can reach all devices in my DMZ network (192.168.88.x) EXCEPT for my VMware management IP. It even hits the iDRAC thats on the same physical server. All devices behind my second firewall in my main network (192.168.1.x) reaches VMware just fine. Its my belief there's some kind of firewall rule on VMware itself thats stopping it. Help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running VMware ESXi 7.0.3.

homelabdiagram.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TSpeezy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind I figured it out!  I had to connect to ESXi through SSH and add a static route to VPN Client using the below command.  Hopefully this saves someone time if they ever come into this issue!

esxcfg-route -a "VPN Client IP" "Default Gateway"

What mine looks like is below, use my network diagram for further clarification if you are reading this from the future with a similar issue.

esxcfg-route -a 192.168.100.20/32 192.168.88.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TSpeezy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind I figured it out!  I had to connect to ESXi through SSH and add a static route to VPN Client using the below command.  Hopefully this saves someone time if they ever come into this issue!

esxcfg-route -a "VPN Client IP" "Default Gateway"

What mine looks like is below, use my network diagram for further clarification if you are reading this from the future with a similar issue.

esxcfg-route -a 192.168.100.20/32 192.168.88.1

0 Kudos