VMware Cloud Community
IT_Architect
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware vSphere Client - auto-login

Is there a way to set up a shortcut that will auto-log onto an ESXi server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The problem here is that the icon you use to launch the vSphere client is just the launcher. If you have 3.5, 4.0 and 4.1 hosts the launcher would make the decision about what client to connect with depending on the destination host. The usual method to find what command line options are available in a windows program is program.exe /? Nothing is listed for the vSphere client.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could probably use Autoit to create something.

IT_Architect
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If there isn't a better way, I will look at that.  I haven't gotten the -h -u -p scenario that works on some things to work here.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The problem here is that the icon you use to launch the vSphere client is just the launcher. If you have 3.5, 4.0 and 4.1 hosts the launcher would make the decision about what client to connect with depending on the destination host. The usual method to find what command line options are available in a windows program is program.exe /? Nothing is listed for the vSphere client.

0 Kudos
IT_Architect
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Got it!  I guess I'll just have to do what you suggested earlier or just live with putting it in each time.  Thanks!

PS:  I did download that utility.  If that doesn't come in handy here, it will in the work that I do.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I haven't used autoit for a while since I use Linux. I miss the things you could do with it. 

0 Kudos