VMware Cloud Community
tdmlr
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere 5.2 client does not connect with guest blade

Hello forum,

I have this old server rack with six blades. One of the blades met his end, so I had to replace it. I managed to find one. I configure it to connect with outside and it boots. When it first boots it automatically installs VMware ESXi 5.5.0 build-1331820. When on VMware vSphere it shows that it does have a connection, but unfortunately does not integrate.

I researched in the forums and apparently the version of the host must match a certain version of guests. For example other blades that are connected have version 5.1.0 build-2323236.

How do I find this particular old version of VMware ESXi  and connect it with VMware client? Either VMware ESXi 5.1.0 build-2323236 or VMware ESXi 5.1.0 build-2323236 I think will do the work.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
It is recommended that all ESXi Hosts are on the same version in your case 5.5.
If only what you need is the client to enter the blade with version 5.1 attached link where you can download the respective client.

http://www.vmwarearena.com/download-link-for-all-versions-of-vmware-vsphere-client/

You will need to install it on another PC to be able to log into the ESXi host with version 5.1.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
tdmlr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying. Other blades have the same version 5.1.0 with different builds. My main concern was not being able to add it to the cluster. Does having a different version of build affect the connection to the cluster the cluster? all the network configuration are done correctly.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
In a Cluster it is generally recommended to have the same version and build.
As version 5.1 (ESXi host) is very old it would be best to upgrade to the latest available level.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/patch

You should try to upgrade to version 5.5 (uses the same licenses) or 6.X (requires different licenses) if your hardware allows it.

It is complicated to work with older hardware and older versions but not impossible.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos