VMware Cloud Community
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

VMware tools doesnot start automatically in Windows7!!

Hi,

My Thinclients cannot logon to the VM. Everytime Thinclient keeps on searching the VM,,but Once I open the vSphere client and open the machine using console,,it starts working. I have noticed that in the "summary tab" the machine is not getting IP. It shows that VMware tools is not installed. But As I said once VM is clicked from console, it get IP and VMware tools become active..

Please can anybody answer me, although it has already discussed.

Thanl you in advance..

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure why you've posted this in the VCP forum.

Are you using View or just hosting the VMs on vSphere directly, and what version of View/vSphere are you using?

I need to know so I can move this discussion to the correct area of the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

Sir,

I have hosted the VMs on ESXi5.0. I am not using view. Sorry I didnot get any idea where to post this message. Actually the problem is on Windows7 VMs,,As I  wrote earlier, everytime I have to manually start the VMware tools the next day I come to office.

Thank you

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moved to the ESXi 5 forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
adelisa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi messy303 ,

Have you followed below link or steps .If not please perfor steps mentioned bbelow link.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101452... .

" Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion."
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have any powersave functions active in the VM?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

My VM goes to sleep mode after 30 minutes if I do not use it but now I have chnaged it to never..But Power save options saves the waste of energy,,isn't it?? Lets see what happens!!

0 Kudos
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I tried it Adelisa,,still its not working!!  any other method??

0 Kudos
nielse
Expert
Expert

Is this on all your VM's? Or just some specific guest OS?

@nielsengelen - http://foonet.be - VCP4/5
0 Kudos
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

Nielse@ This is in  my Windows7 running virtual machine..bu sometime I see it on XP running machines too!!

0 Kudos
nielse
Expert
Expert

Did you check the event log for anything VMware tools related?

@nielsengelen - http://foonet.be - VCP4/5
0 Kudos
messy303
Contributor
Contributor

nielse, I have turned off the sleepmode,,lets c what happens till tomorrow..can you please check the attachment.. because of this i am turning off the sleep mode!!

0 Kudos