VMware Cloud Community
cmccall34
Contributor
Contributor

VMware restarts every day.

I'm running VMware ESXi, 4.1.0

It's been restarting every day at exactly 4:09 PM

I have 3 virtual servers that get rebooted at 4:09 PM because of this and in the system logs it always says 'Unexpected Shutdown'

Is there a setting I need to look for? The events only go back to 4:17 PM after everything comes back up.

I have looked at every setting I can find and I'm getting no where.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - If it is only these VMs and nothing else on the server is affected - I would look more at the VM themselves and see if there is somthing that is happening there -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
cmccall34
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying. If I look at the servers themselves there is nothing indicating that they're shutting down, the logs show that it was an Unexpected Shutdown every time.

Is there a setting in VMware I need to be looking for? Are there logs anywhere that can help determine what's going on? Right now the logs that I find are only from after 4:17 PM

0 Kudos
bprem_07
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Is VMware HA enabled? If it is make sure the isolation response is leave powered on - I am thinking something is going on at 4:09 PM causing the netwrork to drop    

Have you reviewed the logs in vcenter for the VM and the host in questoin?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos