VMware Cloud Community
VirtualNewbie1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware VSphere 5.5 connection problem

Hello,

we have been using VMware VSphere client 5.5 on Windows 10 Enterprise, to connect to 3 of our ESXis. So far it worked. But today I am not able to connect any of the 3 ESXis. We have not changed anything on the ESXi side. The error is,

vSphere Client could not connect to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".

An unknown connection error occurred. (The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.))

Only change what I did on my windows client is, I tried to install VMPlayer for some testing purpose. And after installation, rebooted the windows client. On reboot, Winodws installed some regular updates. Maybe that could be the reason. 

I searched google and this forum and did try few things. But no luck!!!

I tried to restart following processes on one of the ESXis but that did not help.

/etc/init.d/hostd restart
/etc/init.d/vpxa restart

I tried to reinstall VSphere client, tried to install some other versions but same error. I even allowed the Application VpxClient.exe in my Windows Defender Firewall. Just in case it stops this application. But no help.

Then I tried to look for some errors on ESXi Host, to check, if the connection at all is going upto the ESXi or not. But /var/log/auth.log do not specify any significant messages.

Are there any other logs to check to make sure if the connection from VSphere Client at all goes past to ESXi? 

I am running out of ideas now. Hence request you all experts to guide me in right direction.

Thanx in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Whenever you consult any topic you should indicate as much information as possible, such as:
ESXi version (Build) that you are using.
Version of the vSphere Client

Have you tried to connect from another PC, preferably not Windows 10.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It possible a Windows updates or something else caused issues with the vsphere binaries. Try to download and install a newer version then what you are using. Doing so will update the all vsphere binaries.

http://www.vmwarearena.com/download-link-for-all-versions-of-vmware-vsphere-client/

0 Kudos