VMware Cloud Community
soda0091
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Storage

We recently purchased a second equal logic and I would like to use it for extra storage in our VM environment. Does anyone have multiple Equal logics configured for their VM environment? I am interested if they were able to make storage V-motion work across both Equal logics. Are there any draw backs or issues?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

no problem on that. i have a mixture of iscsi, fc and local storage and i could do storage vmotion seamlessly. just make sure all are configure with 1 Gigabit network thats all. you might want to enable jumbo frames for better performance. VAAI is something interesting too. google for more info.

0 Kudos
soda0091
Contributor
Contributor

The SAN is configured to use gigabit connections. Are there any other special considerations to allow V-motion between the two Equal Logics? Are there any white papers that you have come across for the setup? The main purpose of the second Equal logic is to allow me to do a disk backup using VMware's Data Recovery program.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

no special configure or whitepaper is needed as vsphere are built to connect to heterogeneous SAN storage at the same time. it will just send the 2nd equallogic as another iSCSI storage.

0 Kudos