VMware Cloud Community
vipes27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Performance Analyzer

We've been seeing some drops in performance of our two hosts over the past month and I was wondering if there were any products out there, or maybe something built within VMware, that analyzes the performance of the hosts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

All of them monitor both host and VM and will alert you in the event of resource contention or impending contention -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are quite a few products vailable - VMware OPs Mananger, Quest Foglight and Veeam One and CiRBA just to name a few

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
vipes27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. Are any of those free or have trial periods? I'd like to see what exactly they monitor and analyze before purchasing anything.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The Veeam, Quest and VMware provide evaluation periods - CiRBA does not it is more aimed for the large enterprise but IMHO has most powerful hueristics of the group -

0 Kudos
vipes27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great. Could you give me an example of what some of these do? Are they actually monitoring the hosts and letting you know if the RAM needs expanded, more CPUs added, etc.?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

All of them monitor both host and VM and will alert you in the event of resource contention or impending contention -

0 Kudos