VMware Cloud Community
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

VMware NFS datastores inactive (unmounted) after reboot of ESXi 6.0

Hi All,

I have upgraded my ESXi to 6.0 and after upgrade I am facing issue with NFS datastore. The datastore become inactive after ESXi host reboots.

I was having similar problem with ESXi 5.5 U1 but the same was resolved by ESXi 5.5 Express Patch 04 --> VMware ESXi 5.5, Patch ESXi550-201406401-SG: Updates esx-base (2077360) | VMware KB

I have already applied some workaround which I am aware of that I faced during 5.5 U1. Like NFS connectivity issues on NetApp NFS filers on ESXi 5.x/6.x (2016122) | VMware KB , but No luck... Still having the issue with connectivity.

Is there any similar issue with ESXi 6.0 ? And is there any workaround or patch released or to be release by VMware ?

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

My problem got resolved by making the Physical port as Port-fast configuration. With ESXi 6.0 if you are using NFS datastore your port should have port-fast settings

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Plz attach vmkernel and hostd logs

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

My problem got resolved by making the Physical port as Port-fast configuration. With ESXi 6.0 if you are using NFS datastore your port should have port-fast settings

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

0 Kudos