I plan to install Esxi 5 U1 on SSD and need some information to make sure before buy hardware.
1. Can ESXi 5.0 U1 support SSD?
2. Can I run Windows server 2003 (Guest) on ESXi 5.0 U1 with SSD datastore?
3. ESXi or Windows server 2003 manage disk I/O?
1) Yes ESXi 5 does suipport SSD drives as long as they are on the VMware HCL
2) Yes you can - storage is virtualized away form the VM guest operating system
3) Storage is virtualized away from the VM Operating System so IO will be controlled by the ESXi host