VMware Cloud Community
BrandonsCoding
Contributor
Contributor

VMware ESXi 7.0.3 not working on my windows 10 im stuck at yellow and black screen.

i believe i install this version in wrong into my lenovo laptop. i installed it with a usb card onto the harddrive, watching a tutorial video now im stuck at this screen, and i cant access my PC anymore.IMG_0554-min.JPGIMG_0555-min.JPGIMG_0556-min.JPGIMG_0557-min.JPGIMG_0558-min.JPGIMG_0559-min.JPG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved to the area for ESXi, since you aren’t using NSX.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BrandonsCoding
Contributor
Contributor

How you suggest I fix it? Because I can’t go beyond the two screens. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You don't have any IPV4 configuration set for the management network (the third screenshot that you posted)

I assume you know that once ESXi is installed it is managed with a web browser from another system? You don't do anything else on the physical host console once it is installed and running.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
alantz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like it installed and you just need to use another windows computer on the network to access this host. 

--Alan--

0 Kudos
BrandonsCoding
Contributor
Contributor

I get nothing but the site can’t be reached messages using both URL. Maybe it has something to do with my customize system view log settings? 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I mentioned in my last reply that you haven't setup the management network for IPv4:

IMG_0556-min.jpeg

It's best to set a static address, you'll also need to have that IP and your hostname registered with whatever DNS server you use (for both forward and reverse lookup)

0 Kudos