VMware Cloud Community
dakm4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware ESXi 5.1 Installation repair

I have a 5.1 host that will not load. I am trying to find how to repair the installation of esxi 5.1 . When I boot to the installation iso that was used, I expected a repair option.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

You do not have a repair option on ESXi. Once you boot up with the Installation ISO. continue to boot up and on next screen promt you will be prompted with a message

found existing VMFS partition found. do you wanna keep the partition Select yes.

If you have the host as disconnected or not responding still on the vCenter server take a screenshot of your Networking from Host--.configuration -- networking screen . You will lose

network config and need to re-create the same. But you can save your VMFS partition data.

Thanks,
Avinash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

You do not have a repair option on ESXi. Once you boot up with the Installation ISO. continue to boot up and on next screen promt you will be prompted with a message

found existing VMFS partition found. do you wanna keep the partition Select yes.

If you have the host as disconnected or not responding still on the vCenter server take a screenshot of your Networking from Host--.configuration -- networking screen . You will lose

network config and need to re-create the same. But you can save your VMFS partition data.

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
dakm4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help. Tried what you advised and it failed to load the OS fully again. It actually looks like a corrupted drive now. Thanks for the help.