VMware Cloud Community
ivawen
Contributor
Contributor

VMware ESXi 4.0, 4.1 installation problem ?

hey guys

am trying to install vmware 4.0 and 4.1 under my hp probook 4540s , I cant perforn the setup in vmw 4.0 i have an error message failur to load tpm and tvmdriver and in vmw 4.1 the laptop froze at the installation mode

I have hp probook 4540s cpu i5 3210

SATA WDC WD 7500BPKT 700GB

2X4G RAM

Network Adapter    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

DVD ISO OKAY

can any one help me out with this issue

thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JCMorrissey
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Have you check the HCL (hardware compaibility list) list regards whether the machines are supported for installation?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14725 - that lvmdriver error normally means ESX can't find a suitable driver the nic you have in place.

Hope this helps

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... http://johncmorrissey.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
ivawen
Contributor
Contributor

hii i just ckeck myN IC is not supported , so there is no way to install vmware esxi 4 in my laptop ? do you have some tricks guys

thanks again

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - ESXi was not intended to be installed in a laptop - you can install VMware PLayer or Workstation and run it on a VM - there are mutliple sites that will provide info on how to do this

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rajeshcloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYI check this blog esxstuff: Install ESXi 4.0 on VMware Workstation 9

Regards,Rajesh, if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
ivawen
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for ur your i still have some probleme with vmware

my question now is if i can install vmware 5.1 with windows 7 in the same hdd I mean in 2 different partition of the disc  host and guest,

0 Kudos