VMware Cloud Community
teamroyster
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Converter P2V Linux Suse Issue - Unable to query the live Linux source machine

Firstly, my apologies as I couldn't find the VMware Converter section of the forums!

Next to the problem that has me tearing out my hair!

I am trying to P2V a Linux Suse box and receive the error Unable to query the live Linux source machine.

I've had a look in the logs and found the following:

conveter-gui-39 log

Cannot query source HW info: converter.fault.SysinfoQueryLinuxFault

and

vmware-conveter-worker-2 log

while trying to execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\plink.exe -noprompt -stdin -nokeycheck -P 22 root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx cd /tmp/.vmware-sysinfo-mvssmtbazoeflptq/; ./vmware-sysinfo-lin32.sh" received error code (136) with result: ./vmware-sysinfo-lin32.sh: line 21: 10792 Floating point exceptionLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$abslibdir" "$libdir"/$binary "$@"

received an error code (136) from the ssh client that will be handled later

execution of vmware-sysinfo failed; return code: 136; result: ./vmware-sysinfo-lin32.sh: line 21: 10792 Floating point exceptionLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$abslibdir" "$libdir"/$binary "$@"

Query(): Caught exception, cleaning up before bailing out ( execution of vmware-sysinfo failed; return code: 136; result: ./vmware-sysinfo-lin32.sh: line 21: 10792 Floating point exceptionLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$abslibdir" "$libdir"/$binary "$@"

)

I've searched online and found nothing in regards to error code '136'.

I can SSH onto the box without issue.

I'm running VMware converter 4.3 and I've tried it from numerous machines.

Any help would be much apprecaited!!!

Kind regards,

Roy.

0 Kudos
0 Replies