VMware Cloud Community
vmwallygator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware 6.5 ESXi new install (for Dell T430 Poweredge Server) to Western Digital SSD 500GB - Freezes during "Loading ESXi Installer"

Hi everyone,

I have a free copy of VMware 6.5 ESXi I'm installing clean on a new Dell T430 Poweredge Server (BIOS Version 2.5.4) to a new Western Digital SSD 500GB Drive.

It freezes during "Loading ESXi Installer" and I've tried this several times.

I've read somewhere out there that I may need to inject new a Controller Driver, or SSD Driver, not really sure in order to get the SSD Drive and the Controller talking.

(Dell PERC H330 Adapter).

I've searched all over Google and have found nothing. I've attempted to install multiple times with the same results. Installing VMware 6.5 ESXi installs just fine to a SATA Drive.

So any insight to this and on how I could resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Wally

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmwallygator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just in case anyone else comes across this. I walked away for an hour and the screen was still at "Loading ESXi Installer". Same thing after 1.5 hours. However after setting there for just over two hours, the Installation came up. I proceeded with the install and everything went according to plan. Whoever heard of waiting 2+ hours for the Installation screen to come up? Odd and weird both at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmwallygator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just in case anyone else comes across this. I walked away for an hour and the screen was still at "Loading ESXi Installer". Same thing after 1.5 hours. However after setting there for just over two hours, the Installation came up. I proceeded with the install and everything went according to plan. Whoever heard of waiting 2+ hours for the Installation screen to come up? Odd and weird both at the same time.

0 Kudos