VMware Cloud Community
rburneyx10
Contributor
Contributor

VMware 5.0 FAXING

I have virtulized a Microsoft SBS 2011 and all is working pretty good. One of the last task that i need to do is setup faxing on the SBS 2011. I have two pci-x cards in the server but i dont see the option to map them in the vm. I have never had to map a PCI card b4 so i dont know if it is even possible. Would i be better off going with a USB faxing solution and map it that way or another solution? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vMario156
Expert
Expert

Check out the following settings on your esxi host:

Configuration --> Advance Setting --> Configure Passtrough

Blog: http://vKnowledge.net
0 Kudos
virtualdutch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's some additional information about Configuring VMDirectPath I/O pass-through devices on an ESX host

0 Kudos
rburneyx10
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the responce but when i go under configuration --> Adcance Setting there is no Configure Passthrough option. I am running ESXi 5.0 with an Intel E5405. Is VMDirectPath I/O supported in ESXi 5.0 and/or the Intel E5405?

0 Kudos
rburneyx10
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the responce but when i go under configuration --> Adcance Setting there is no Configure Passthrough option. I am running ESXi 5.0 with an Intel E5405. Is VMDirectPath I/O supported in ESXi 5.0 and/or the Intel E5405?

0 Kudos