VMware Cloud Community
benjalamelami
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare vShere 5

I bought the VMWare vSphere 5.

I will have a dual processor host, so, I noticed that its vSphere its per processor.  So, I bought two of these.

Can anyone confirm, that once I install the second processor,  this will work?

Thank you anyone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - Yes vSphere ESXi is licensed per physical processor - so if the physical machine has 2 physical processors and you bought two CPU license it will work.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - Yes vSphere ESXi is licensed per physical processor - so if the physical machine has 2 physical processors and you bought two CPU license it will work.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Assuming by "So, i bought two of these" you mean processors, Yes its possible like weinstein mentioned. If you have bought two single processor licenses you can still apply it to your server after combining the licenses in myVMware portal Smiley Happy

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

benjalamelami
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

It also means I can use 32 GB per processor for a total of 64 GB.  Am I right?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware has dropped the memory cap for vSphere licenses that are purchased so the answer is yes but you can have more than 64 GB -

0 Kudos