VMware Cloud Community
ISAGmbH
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Remote Console

Hallo,

für die verbindung zu unseren virtuellen Rechner verwenden wir die VMWare Remote Console.

Hierfür verwende ich die Datei VMWARE-VMRC.EXE mit den Parametern für vCenter - Host und VM-ID

User und Password wird über die Benutzerabfrage der Remotekonsole übergeben, diese sind AD integriert.

Nun wäre es notwendig das auf gewisse Virtuelle Rechner (XP) nur ein User sich über die Konsole anmelden kann.

Zeitweise passiert es das ein User auf diesen Rechner ein Script ausführt und die Konsole nach unten legt, inzwischen verbindet sich ein anderer User mit dem selben Benutzernamen und  startet ebenfalls eine Anwendung.

Dies sollte nun  unterbunden werden.

Kann man mittels vCenter oder VMWare-Remote Console einstellen das auf einen virtuellen Rechner sich nur ein Client verbinden kann, nicht 2 oder mehrere zur selben Zeit.

Vielen Dank,

TWSS

VMWare 5.0

Essentials +

3 HOSTS

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ande11
Contributor
Contributor

I think you will find what you need here.

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1681658#1681658

Particularly this part:

Yes, you can limit the remote console connection to just 1. You will need to add this advanced .vmx paramter to the VM:

RemoteDisplay.maxConnections=1

For more details, take a look on page 10 of the vSphere Security Hardening Guide - http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/VMware_vSphere_HardeningGuide_May10_EN.pdf

AndySimmons
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't speak German, but based on Google's translation, it sounds like you're trying to restrict concurrent VM remote console connections to 1. In the VM advanced configuration parameters, add a new parameter RemoteDisplay.maxConnections with a value of 1 and start the VM.

You can also configure this directly inside the corresponding .vmx file, or use a script like this one to change that setting while the VM is powered on. You will need to vMotion or restart the VM afterward to read those changes.

-Andy VCAP5-DCA, VCP-DV 4/5, MCSE, space camp graduate.
ISAGmbH
Contributor
Contributor

Dear ALL,

thanks for the fast answers,

this is what i need.

now i can restrict the login to my virtual machines.

1992451.png

Now i need one INFO for my other USERS on the Message how USER or PC was now connectet with the Remote Console on the Virtuel Machine

Kind regards,

TWSS

0 Kudos