VMware Cloud Community
arkadi1
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE ESXI unable to launch VM

Hello everyone, after installing ESXI no worries but as soon as I create a VM, the vm doesn't detect a disk.I'm going to look in the VM settings, and I see that the line "CD/DVD Drive 1" is unchecked, I put it back nothing happens, it's removed every time.I recreate a VM is still the same.

arkadi1_0-1674399819567.png

(I repost in the good group)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which disk are you talking about? The virtual hard disk or the CD-ROM?
For the CD-ROM, make sure that you open the CD-ROM's details (click the arrow on the left) and enable "Connect at power on".
Unless you are trying to install an OS from a physical CD, upload an installation ISO image to a folder on a datastore, and select that ISO image in VM's the CD-ROM's settings.

André

arkadi1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello André,

I was talking about the CD-ROM, the box "Connect on power up" is checked. I can put an .iso directly in the file bank (I tested debian, centos, pfsense,.. and nothing launches)

But what I don't understand is why the "Connected" box is automatically unchecked as soon as I leave the page and launch the VM ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The "Connected" check box should checked after powering on a VM where "Connect at power on" is enabled. It's unchecked for powered off VMs. Which ESXi version, and build number do you use.

André

0 Kudos