VMware Cloud Community
ddockter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMCI hot patch

I'm dealing with a performance issue on my VMs since installing McAfee's MOVE AV product.  I found the below in one of their KB articles.  How do I go about getting this patch?  ESX is at Release 5.1.0 Build 799733 and VMware Tools is 9.0.5 build 1065307.

This VMWare hot patch fixes an issue in the VMCI driver where the local cache is being purged over and over again, causing very poor performance.  As of this writing, the hot patch is only available to customers that contact VMWare Support and request the updated VMCI MSI package. (request 13342754206 for details about this issue.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do not "contact VMWare Support and request the updated VMCI MSI package" give you a clue? 🙂

VMware Support & Downloads for Desktop, Application & Data Center Virtualization | U...

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do not "contact VMWare Support and request the updated VMCI MSI package" give you a clue? 🙂

VMware Support & Downloads for Desktop, Application & Data Center Virtualization | U...

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ddockter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guess I deserved that.  :smileyblush: