VMware Cloud Community
tkdunbar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM with vmid = 7 not found

I am running ESXi 4.1 build-348481.  I am seeing the following message repeating every few seconds, one for vmid 7,8,9 and 10.

Sep 16 16:55:41 Vpxa: [2011-09-16 16:55:41.637 1C6B1B90 verbose 'App'] [VpxaAlarm] VM with vmid = 7 not found
Sep 16 16:55:41 Vpxa: [2011-09-16 16:55:41.637 1C6B1B90 verbose 'App'] [VpxaMoVm::CheckMoVm] did not find a VM with ID 8 in the vmList

When I run the command vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms it does not show any vmid that matches 7,8,9, or 10.

Can someone point me in the right direction on why I am seeing these messages and how to get rid of them?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shakaal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

each object in the vsphere is provided with an ID, VM's are provided with VM ID's, It seems there were VM's with ID's 7,..9 which are no more there on the host but vpxa is still looking for them. you can try restarting the Management agents, but before that check in the VI client that none of the VM's are greyed out on that host also all the Datastores are available. once confirmed only then start the management agent with followign command

#service mgmt-vmware restart

This should relaod the Inventory and all the old VM's ID's will be removed from memory.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lm31
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this resolved? Did you try restarting the management agents on esxi?

Shakaal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

each object in the vsphere is provided with an ID, VM's are provided with VM ID's, It seems there were VM's with ID's 7,..9 which are no more there on the host but vpxa is still looking for them. you can try restarting the Management agents, but before that check in the VI client that none of the VM's are greyed out on that host also all the Datastores are available. once confirmed only then start the management agent with followign command

#service mgmt-vmware restart

This should relaod the Inventory and all the old VM's ID's will be removed from memory.

Regards

0 Kudos