VMware Cloud Community
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM windows server shutdown by itself

Hi One of vm windows 2016 is installed at esxi6.7. Recent the windows server shut down by itself after runing about 10 min. Can you please see if the there is some configuration issue? I post the screenshot as below. Thank you

gciscol_0-1630114310935.png

esxi host:

gciscol_1-1630114566431.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check the power management settings inside Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

According to the screenshot, your VM's configurtion is OK and If you think that the cause of the problem is not related to OS itself, you can check the vmware.log file for more information.

You can also check your OS power plans to be sure that the cause of the problem is not some misconfiguration of that section.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check the power management settings inside Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

According to the screenshot, your VM's configurtion is OK and If you think that the cause of the problem is not related to OS itself, you can check the vmware.log file for more information.

You can also check your OS power plans to be sure that the cause of the problem is not some misconfiguration of that section.

0 Kudos
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you two for your reply. 

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check if your OS is licensed. It seems Guest OS evolution period is over and license service is shutting down the VM. Check in event log source : WLMS

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos