VMware Cloud Community
chh_sys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM still shows old network

Hi,

we migrated our VMs to distributed switches some time ago. Now I wanted to clean up prior to the vSphere update and found that some VMs should still be connected to the old "VM Network". Checking the machines I found the same on each of them. Every machine has one vNIC connected to the distributed switch. Still in the Summary shows 2 connections one to "VM Network" and one to the dvSwitch.

I tried changing the port group but as soon as I select anything other than "VM Network" it show 2 connections.

In the vmx-file there is no reference to "VM Network", unregistering and reregistering the machine did not help either.

Any idea what can be done?

Thanks

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the solution.

It was due to the snapshot that were for that VM requiring the old network connection. Once I removed the old snapshots the additional old network also disappeared.

Regards

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this fixed I am starting to get the same problems

0 Kudos
chh_sys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, I did not find anything new or got any feedback.

But as all these VMs will be going away soon anyhow I did not push this or open a ticket with vmware.

0 Kudos
tcoogan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the solution.

It was due to the snapshot that were for that VM requiring the old network connection. Once I removed the old snapshots the additional old network also disappeared.

Regards

Tim

chh_sys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tim,

that's it!

All these VMs have snapshots from when they were connected to the old network.

Thanks.

0 Kudos