VMware Cloud Community
maniee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM responsible

VM only responsible except VC and ESX. i could not connect VC as well as esx.

please let me know how to troubleshoot in that case and how to find in which esx host vm is running on?

Regards

Maniee.

5 Replies
microkid
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

My crystal ball is currently broken, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you please provide more info so we can help you?

maniee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi microkid,

i can ping esxi but cannot connect it through ssh or vsphere client.

i can ping vc but i could not connect vsphere client.

but my vm is pinging and i can take rdp of the vm.

in that situation how can  i troubleshoot this question was asked during my last interview.

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Hi theire,

so if you're able to get on RDP, i guess you're connecting from differently Network getting Problem talking over https.

could you try out to make a telnet port 443 to esxi ip and vcenter ip?

Also good to check the vpx log once trying to connect Smiley Wink. theire you see Info what Reason about.

VMware KB: Collecting diagnostic information for the vSphere Client or VMware Infrastructure Client

Best regards

Max

0 Kudos
manmohanbisht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My experience says we have to reboot the Host to recover from that situation when your host is not responding at all, you can confirm that by connecting host via DCUI.  If host is responding from DCUI then you can troubleshoot the issue from there ( issue could be issues mgmt agent not responding etc.)

If you need to reboot the host to recover note that you have to gracefully shut down all vm's running in that host.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Manmohan Bisht

Vmware SME

aragab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

While he can remote access the VMs, it's better if he can shut them off from the guest OS.

0 Kudos