VMware Cloud Community
Chlsmith
Contributor
Contributor

VM losing network connectivity

I have an ESXi host with 2 Windows 2012 VMs running on it.   Several times over the past couple of weeks, one of the VMs (I'll call it vmA) has lost its network connection.  When it happens, I can log into the host with the client and see my two VMs running.   I can do everything I need with vmB, as it doesn't lose a thing.   With vmA, I can pull up the console, but I cannot log in, as it says there are no logon servers available.

I cannot ping vmA from anything, including from vmB.   From vmB, I get "destination host unreachable".  

I bounce vmA and it comes back up and works perfectly.   In the event logs on the vm, I see nothing except an error that states it can't reach a domain controller anymore.   Other services still try to work, as I see errors stating that they cannot reach databases or anything else they need on the network.   In the ESX client, I see no Events or Tasks at all regarding either VM, as nothing was done.

Anyone have any ideas?   This vmA actually is a domain controller and DHCP server for a small office, so if it's not working, none of the DHCP clients, which include telephones, can work.  

0 Kudos
0 Replies