VMware Cloud Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM if powered off every morning itself.

Guys.

I just installed the ESXi 4.1, running 1 VM under that host, and I am seeing two issues.

1 - Every morning I come in the VM I am running is always powered off, even though I left it on every night. I checked the VM startup/shutdown setting under configuration and it is disabled.

2- When I delete something from the LUN then the space doesnt get available itself, until I rescan the storage adapter. I didnt have to do that on my vSphere hosts.

Any ideas why I am having this issues?

host ESXi 4.1,0 260247running with EVAL license at this time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jamesbowling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I will address the second question first, the space is becoming available when you delete, have you right-clicked the datastore in the summary screen and selected refresh? That will normally update the summary view for the datastore space.

If you found this at all helpful please award points by using the correct or helpful buttons! Thanks!

James B. | Blog: http://www.vSential.com | Twitter: @vSential --- If you found this helpful then please awards helpful or correct points accordingly. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I'll take a stab at the 1st question: What is the guest OS? Have you tried looking into the guest logs to see if you can see what is triggering the shutdown?

Anything in the tasks & events of the guest in question?

0 Kudos
WessexFan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Along with these suggestions, try looking at the esxi host logs /var/logs and see if you notice anything there. The actual host may be experiencing issues.

VCP5-DCV, CCNA Data Center
0 Kudos