VMware Cloud Community
DT2960
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM freeze

Hi

I have two HP DL380G5 with Esx4 on each server linked Scsi to a HP San Msa2012i . Vmware is Vsphere 4 , I have created some virtual machines and my problem is every 5 mn the virtual freeze during 30s and after the VM working normaly. This issue is in my both servers esx4 .

On 6 virtual machines (Server 2k3, and XP) I have this issue on 4 virtual machines.

The esx servers are up to date , and I use Vmware Vcenter to manage all.

I have attached a print screen when my VM freeze to show the small icone upper right on my vm during freezing.

Thank you for your help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I ran some searchs on some of the timeout issues listed in the log and found a another post regarding VM feezes. Their issue ended up being the CD-ROM that the VM's were pointed to. See this post for some additonal information

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1483488

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you attempted to narrow do the issue to storage or maybe networking related? Do you see anything of use in the vmkernel log?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

DT2960
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mittin12

Thank you for your answer but the vmkernel log is chinese for me , do you know who can read my vmkernel log and said to me the issue ?

In attachment my vmkernek log

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I ran some searchs on some of the timeout issues listed in the log and found a another post regarding VM feezes. Their issue ended up being the CD-ROM that the VM's were pointed to. See this post for some additonal information

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1483488

0 Kudos
DT2960
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mittim12

Apparently it was the reason about the connection with the CD-Rom , I have modified this parametre and now is working fine. I prefere to wait until end of this week to say yes definitly.

I will keep you informe and again thank you for your help

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos