VMware Cloud Community
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM files

Is there a product or script out there which will track changes of VM directory. Possibly would store the changes and comparison in excel or pdf or e-mail any format?

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
4 Replies
unsichtbare
Expert
Expert

What changes are you trying to record?

I am certain that a relatively simple script called by cron could report on file size changes, name changes, new files etc. A useful one used to be available for free that would report on snapshots, but that has since been withdrawn.

+The Invisible Admin+ If you find me useful, follow my blog: http://johnborhek.com/
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would like to know if new files were created/deleted, snapshots for example. If possible would like to see if VMX file has changed and what changes are those....

Thanks

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

There are plenty examples online comparing files / folders and keeping a log, but surely the thing to do is simply use the dates stamps on the vmdks and then 'touch' them at each run.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any example online you can point me too?

0 Kudos