VMware Cloud Community
PacsoTamas
Contributor
Contributor

VM disappears from network - Netport: 1589 disabled port

Hi all!

First time of starting a discussion, so sorry if I leave out information. I will try to write down everything I could already come up:

So: I run a ESXi 5.5 on a custom built server, 2 socket F Opterons, an HP sata/raid card, old but still functional motherboard, and 12 gigs of ram from 2 different manifactures.

- I have free license, no vCenter.

-I have DAS. 1 RAID10 array, 1 RAID5 array.

- No vMotion, no nothing.

Yeah. You might have guessed: Not so rich.

I have this machine in a public datacenter. Nice and chilly.

The server has a WAN port, to that a pfSense VM is connected.

This VM serves as an software based router, to the additional VMs running inside the Host.

And this VM started to randomly drop all connections followed by these log entries in the vmkernel.log

NetPort: 1589: disable port: 0x20000005    <= This is the LAN port

NetPort 1589: disable port: 0x3000004     <= This is the WAN port

VSCSI: 6360: handle 8192(vscsi0:0):Destroying Device for world34956

Net: 3278: disconnected client from port: 0x20000005

WARNING: Uplink 4738: requesting cap 0x0!

Net: 3278: disconnected client from port: 0x30000004

WARNING: PFrame: vm 34956: 1571: Deallocating pinned pgNum 0x140e, pinCount 1 trottle 0.      <= Got disconnected from the SCSI Disk?

- I will run a Memtest86 tonight for 12 hours, and see what happends.

- pfSense is based on FreeBSD.

- Both network cards are VMXNET3.

- Obviously something major is happening, and because of that everything is disconnected from the VM, but when I log on to the shell, the VM is still "powered on", and when I reboot it's start up like nothing happend.

- Therefore no PSOD.

What logs am I still need to find?

What I could find is all realted to higher VmWare features, wich are all disabled by my free license.

Help me guys, I'm facing a serious WTF here! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PacsoTamas
Contributor
Contributor

Also I found this in the VMs log in

Vix: [34964 guestCommands.c:1944]: Error VIX_E_UNRECOGNIZED_COMMAND_IN_GUEST in VMAutomationTranslateGuestRpcError(): Tools failed to recognize guest command op code=62, result string="Unknown Command"

0 Kudos