VMware Cloud Community
HampeC
Contributor
Contributor

VM Server greyed out

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum so please bear with me if I submitted this thread in the wrong section.

For about a couple of months ago I had a power failure in my house which lead to the server shutting down. This caused one of my hard drives to fail to load with the following error message:

Configuration file for /vmfs/volumes/56cd80d8-830215d6-bed2-78e7d1fa33f6/allgamer-webserver/allgamer-webserver.vmx on localhost.localdomain in ha-datacenter cannot be found

All my previous VM-Servers are greyed out and not bootable. I read somewhere on the forum that there was a fix for this, where you can remove the VM-Servers from the inventory and add them back, but that's impossible at the moment.

My hard drive is mounted on the server, but it's not accessible, and when I try to add it to the storage, the only option I have is to format it.

I just want to be able to add it again so I can get all my files from the drive, and after that format it to become new.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Regards,

Hampus

VSphere - Datastores.pngVSphere - Devices.png

Meddelandet redigerades av: Hampus Christensson

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Can you check if you can read partition table. If you can't than try to recreate it Recreating a missing VMFS datastore partition in VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x (2046610) | VMware KB

0 Kudos