VMware Cloud Community
benhar77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Diskfile shows wrong datastore in settings

I have three hosts, each with local datastores.  One of my VMs is on host 1/datastore 1, but in settings the hard disk shows the disk files being on datastore 2.  The actual files are on datastore 1, and there is no folder on datastore 2 for this VM.

Trying to power on, delete/add the hard disk (attaching the right diskfile) results in errors.

How do i correct the VM's configuration to point to the right datastore?

The diskfile should be on [c....-01:local]

pastedImage_0.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
benhar77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was accessing my environment via vCenter where all of my hosts were included.  I connected direct to the host with vSphere and the settings were all correct.  I was able to boot the VM without errors.  So, I removed that host from vCenter and re-added it and everything came back in correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tried removing hard disk 1 from the virtual machine (NOT delete from disk) and re-adding the hard disk 1 to the VM?

benhar77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have tried that.  This is just trying to remove the disk from the VM

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
benhar77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was accessing my environment via vCenter where all of my hosts were included.  I connected direct to the host with vSphere and the settings were all correct.  I was able to boot the VM without errors.  So, I removed that host from vCenter and re-added it and everything came back in correct.

0 Kudos