VMware Cloud Community
virtualfish321
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Attached to Datastore, but not in config

I have a few VMs that show they are attached to a datastore, but when you look at the settings both in the client and in the vmx file there is nothing that is referring to that datastore.  And, to top it off, the datastore is just a file-like repository that I only upload iso files to to mount to the cd roms.  I've made sure that the iso isn't mounted on the machine (of course) and have poured through every other part of the config, but yet it shows attached to that datastore, both through the client and through a powercli script.

When you browse the datastore, there are no folders or files on there that are referring to that virtual machine.  I have about 10 machines all in this predicament.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi..

Were VM snapshots taken while having an .iso mounted to them? If so, this would explain it..

/Rubeck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi..

Were VM snapshots taken while having an .iso mounted to them? If so, this would explain it..

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
virtualfish321
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Snapshots!  Right!  That was it.

I can delete the snapshots to remedy that, but would there be a way to remove that without deleting the snapshot?  I'm guessing not.

Thanks!

0 Kudos