VMware Cloud Community
hannes64
Contributor
Contributor

VLan setup / HA stop with 60 %, error, Host XXXXXXXX has the following extra Networks not used by other Hosts for HA Communication

Hello together,

I implement 1 new VSphere Host to my excisting VI3 Cluster to migrate smooth the V Machines, I had to implement this VSPherfe Host into a VLan setup. Now I get the Error Host (VShpere Host) has the following extra Networks not used by other Hosts for HA communication : (IP: first of the VI3 Host's), Consider using HA advenced optin das.allowNetwork to control networkusage.

I implement already without success this option.

http://das.allowNetwork

Does sombody a other Idea to implement the VLAn?

Many thanks for your answers

Hannes

0 Kudos
6 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

have your ESX3 Host, the same Networkconfig as the ESX4 host? (Portgroups and so)

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

The network config need to be exactly the same on all hosts involved in vmotion activity. That includes the exact same names, configurations etc.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
hannes64
Contributor
Contributor

The Network Config on the Cluster Farm are the same expect the VLAN Settings, the VI3 Host are running without tag's the VSPHere Box is now in a VLan Network.

Thanks for answer

0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

basically, it is wanting the details for the heartbeat network to be supplied.

have a look at this articel - it will explain the full process and more than likely resolve your problem:

http://www.yellow-bricks.com/ha-advanced-options/

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
hannes64
Contributor
Contributor

Thansks for your Answer,

I read this Article allready on Friday, I implement the das.allowNetwork to vSwitch0 and Service Console without success.

Any other Ideas?

0 Kudos
hannes64
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all reply

0 Kudos