VMware Cloud Community
cgetut1
Contributor
Contributor

VIClient connect to esxi6u1-free via one to one NAT failing

Is there some setting that I need to change to allow the following to work?

I have OpenVPN in hub and spoke config with an ESXi free at each spoke. Hub is 10.1.1.x/24 internally and ALL spokes are identically setup as 10.10.10.x/24 internally. So that each site can be addressed uniquely from the hub site perpective, there is a 1:1 NAT in place between hub and spoke site where 172.16.y.z/24 where y is the site (spoke) number and z is the host, mapped to each 10.10.10.x host.

I have a secondary management network for ESXI each hub set up on 10.10.10.253. My problem is that when I on the spoke network locally I can use the VIClient and attach to 10.10.10.253. When I am on the hub network, I can ping 10.10.10.253 but the VIClient won't connect. The firewall is wide open at this point.

What is going wrong?

EDIT: I also just ran a TCPDump, and both SSH as well as VIClient are making it to ESXI, it just isn't responding.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cgetut1
Contributor
Contributor

Bump... anyone? I can verify that the single allow all rule is working for all other hosts on this subnet so I am a certain as I can possibly be that the issue is with ESXi itself.

0 Kudos
cgetut1
Contributor
Contributor

Bump one last time... anyone? Still haven't gotten this working.

0 Kudos