VMware Cloud Community
joeflint2
Contributor
Contributor

VI and Web client

Hi, I'd like to ascertain whether there is documetation detail available on the functionality and features differences between the VI and Web client.

I've seen considerable material for v5.1 clients, but no comparision of v5.5 between the clients. I'm aware new v5.1 and v5.5 are only available via Web Client, and am after a documented list stating the overall differences between the two.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JPM300
Commander
Commander

When you say VI vs Webclient are you talking about the vSphere client you install on your desktop?

5.1 and 5.5 still have a full blown vSphere client you can install to manage your inviroment however as of ESXi 6 they will be taking it away(Appperently) and replacing it souly with the Webclient.  As of 5.5 the webclient has most of the functionality.  I would say 90% or more, there is the odd plugin that still hasn't been incorperated into the webclient like Vmware SRM and some other off the cuff ones.  However there is some feature sets that you can ONLY do out of the webclient now in 5.5.  For instance if you want to move your VM's over to vmware hardware version 10.  You need to do this through the webclient as the vSphere client doesn't allow you to create VM's with the newer version levels.

vhenryanchante
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hola, esta web site puede tal ves resolver tu consulta.

http://www.vmwarelearning.com/

te recomiendo no hacer comparaciones, pero es casi lo mismo solo que con otro tipo de organización.

0 Kudos