We are running VCenter 4.0 Update 2 on SQL 2005/2008 at two location connected via 'linked mode'
We've noticedt that our VI Client could no longer connect one 1 of VCenter servers.. We would get a message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the client would close.
The happened on a number of clients around the same time so we suspect it be a problem with VCenter.
We restarted services and reboted systems.Thinking it was a database problem we also restored the vcdatabase, however this issue remains.
Any suggestion would be helpful.
this started to happen in the midele of the day when no patches were being deployed. It happen to everyones VI Client. Anyway. I''ve tried to connecting with a system that has not been patched for a while and issue remain the same.