VMware Cloud Community
cmorris05
Contributor
Contributor

VDR vSphere 4.1 File Level restore issue

I am trying to get the file level restore tested for our file server, using VM Data Recovery. The backup seems to run fine, and it shoes the correct amount of data backed up. However, when I mount the data disk from the backup there is nothing there. The System drive backup has data, but the larger (350GB) Data drive does not.

Anyone have a suggestion?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
satya1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

cmorris05 wrote:

I am trying to get the file level restore tested for our file server, using VM Data Recovery. The backup seems to run fine, and it shoes the correct amount of data backed up. However, when I mount the data disk from the backup there is nothing there. The System drive backup has data, but the larger (350GB) Data drive does not.

Anyone have a suggestion?

please check this link

http://blogs.vmware.com/uptime/2009/11/vmware-data-recovery-11-and-file-level-restore.html

Yours,

Satya

0 Kudos
cmorris05
Contributor
Contributor

Im sorry, perhaps I am missing something. I read that page before I set any of this up, and it does not have any troubleshooting information or anything other then just how to use the restore client, which as I said works for the other 2 disks, but not for the larger.

0 Kudos