VMware Cloud Community
BAKMAR69
Contributor
Contributor

VDP 5.1 question

I am moving away from VDR backups to VDP backups, however in VDP when you create a backup job then select a server you want to backup it does not show multi hard drives to select.  what am I missing here, because in VDR you can select and see all the drives on the VM.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
247RACK
Contributor
Contributor

You did the right thing by moving away from VDR, In my opinion it's one of the products that degraded the value presented by VMware,

vSphere data protection works on the VM level while creating a backup.

vSphere Data Protection creates backups of entire virtual machines. These backups can be restored in their

entirety using the vSphere Web Client for vSphere Data Protection. However, if you only want to restore

specific files from these virtual machines, then use the vSphere Data Protection Restore Client.

The Restore Client allows you to mount specific virtual machine backups as file systems and then “browse”

the file system to find the files you want to restore.

VMware Partner - Cloud Hosting Simplified www.247RACK.com VMware HA Cloud Hosting & Dedicated Enterprise servers Tier 3 Datacenters in NY, NJ, MD, VA, CA and Toronto 100% SLA Skype: HanoonEverywhere
0 Kudos