VMware Cloud Community
jmelcher21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VDI connect to VM with multiple NICs, uses wrong address

Strange issue, we are dual homing a VM.  Each NIC is on a different network, and it works fine.  Except when you initially log in to the VM with a zero client.  If both NICs are enabled through the vsphere client, the zero client tries to connect to the VM through the wrong address.  It will try to use the 172.16.x.x address, but the VM lives and is stored on the 192.168.x.x network.  Is there a way to make the NIC on the 192.168.x.x network be the address the zero client tries to connect to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Using the windows Network Connections -> Advanced -> Advanced  Settings -> Adapters and Bindings tab, move the 192.168.x.x network  adaptor to the top of the connections list.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Using the windows Network Connections -> Advanced -> Advanced  Settings -> Adapters and Bindings tab, move the 192.168.x.x network  adaptor to the top of the connections list.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jmelcher21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome, worked out great!  I can't help but to think this answer exists somewhere and I just couldn't find it though.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure if this exists in our kb.vmware.com, I'll find out and add it if its not there.

Glad it worked!

// Linjo

0 Kudos