VMware Cloud Community
OneCustomer
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter Server Not accessible

Hello,

The vcenter server network is not available, therefore I cannot connect to it, I cannot use the AD logon to access the Esxi Host, the lockdown mode was enabled on the host and DCUI disabled, How do I get to connected to Vcenter Server? I need help!!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

Why AD to connect to ESXi host? Can't you use the local root password?

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
OneCustomer
Contributor
Contributor

The lockdown mode was enabled in the Security profile of host as part of hardening rules.

0 Kudos
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

You cannot access the ESXi through the DCUI ?     

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
OneCustomer
Contributor
Contributor

The DCUI was also disabled. I have not shut down the Vcenter Server, the Host is replying to ping command but the Vcenter is not and two other servers.

0 Kudos
prince1121
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

have you tried to access in both method mean FQDN & IP ?

if   both methods leads to the same error ,

then check the services on your   vCenter Box and insure that all vCenter related service are set to   auto start mode .

http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbsmile.png

0 Kudos
kennyhwx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When you mention connect to vCenter Server, do you mean remote desktop to the server or connecting using the vSphere client?

I assume your vCenter is a VM running on this ESXi host you mentioned, are you able to connect to the ESXi host using vSphere client?

From there you should be able to use the VM console to access your vCenter Server.

Kenny

0 Kudos
OneCustomer
Contributor
Contributor

Yes both remote desktop to the vcenter server or connecting using the vSphere client. Yes, VCenter is a VM on this Esxi Host, I cannot connect to the Esxi host using vSphere Client because the lockdown mode was enabled and the DCUI process stop on the host.

0 Kudos
kennyhwx
Contributor
Contributor

Did you tried web access? http://vcenterserver

Since you are able to ping the server, maybe the firewall is turned on?

Try telnet to port 3389 to the vCenter server.

If able to connect, it could be some windows services not responding and will requires a reboot of the server.

If not try to manage the server remotely. Open services.msc and connect to the vCenter server.

If this works, check and stop the windows firewall service and try connecting again.

You might need to ensure that remote desktop related services are running too.

Kenny

0 Kudos